When a user updates a field (Due Date), I want to force them to add a comment on why they are making the update, either immediately when they change the field, or upon Saving the issue. I do not want to do this upon status transition.
I don't care if we pop up the Comment screen or simply instruct the user that they must add a comment.
I have Scriptrunner but I am unsure of the script to use.
I also have tried to do this via Automation, but other than inserting a generic comment, I see no way to make the user enter their specific comment in an Automation.
If Scriptrunner is the way to go, please if possible provide me the script I would use to force a comment screen to pop up or to tell the user they must enter a comment to save the issue.
Thank you