Hi,
I am unable to login to my bitbucket account because I do not have the code. I do not even have the recovery code. I had the mfa in authenticator in my previous mobile phone which I lost. Now I unable to get through the mfa.
Hello @A_ SRI HARI PRANAV
This has to go through the Atlassian account recovery flow. That is the normal path for lost MFA access. Atlassian documents that you should use the recovery option from the login screen when you cannot use your phone or recovery key.
So I would try this from the Bitbucket login page:
choose Can’t use your phone? and then continue with the recovery options there. If you no longer have the recovery key either, use the account recovery option from that same flow.
Just so expectations are clear: this is usually not immediate. Atlassian’s recovery process can take time because it is part of the account security checks.
Hey @Arkadiusz Wroblewski
I don't see any "Can't use your phone?" option in the mfa page. I got logged in to Atlassian account through our company SSO and from there when I try to access bitbucket, it is asking MFA code where I do not see this option. I have my recovery code from Atlassian by the way.
Hey @A_ SRI HARI PRANAV
You need to click Forgot code and then send recovery email to trigger a reset email. Do note that this will take 24 hours before we trigger the reset after you request for recovery email.
I hope this helps.
Regards,Syahrul
Hey,
It got resolved finally. Thanks:)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.