It is very easy to drag adn drop a ticket from one rank position to another by mistake. I need to see if rank has been changed by someone. Is it possible?
thanks
When you click on the history tab for an issue, you should see an entry for every time the rank is changed. Do you not see that?
I see: Ranked Higher or Ranked lower? What do you see?
I have the same problem was this ever solved? Users accidentally dragged an issue around, realised what they had done but didn't know where to put it back? History just says ranked lower, I need to know the rank it moved from please?
Rog,
The fact that the value isn't shown isn't seen as a problem from the GreenHopper side as the GreenHopper Rank field value is not listed anywhere or editable by end users.
The mere fact that is a complete rank across all issues in the instance makes it meaningless to end users since it can't easily answer the question, "what place on this list was this item at?"
For more, see the comments here, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-347.
As prevention/workarounds at this time, our product owners are in charge of the ranking within the planning view but our teams can rank within the work view.
This is done as process and not as jira permissions, so it is not perfect.
The second thing i would recommend is to teach folks that if they accidentally drag something, they can press ESC to cancel the drag.
Nice answer Jon, I can see there is not a simple solution to this. Like the esc when dragging, that's useful, many thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.