Hi all,
A noob here trying to find a simple solution to publish my code. I have my code in a Git Repo (Bitbucket) and have three identical environments; dev, test and prod for my application. I've been able to run builds on Jenkins (with Cloudbees) as someone from Bitbucket support recommended, but I still have a couple of questions.
- How do I run builds based on specific Git tags? I have a release tag nomenclature defined in my process, which would enable me to do rollbacks if necessary, but don't know how to do the builds / deploys.
- Once the build is complete, what is the best way to actually transfer the code to the application server? I'm not married to Jenkins or any other specific app or platform, so any suggestion would be fine.
I've searched Google, this and other forums, but have only been able to get fragmented information, and short of paying consultants $2k per day I can't figure this solution out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.