Hello,
Is there a way to do some type of a bulk update on the Test Case and Test Step "status" field to mark a lot of test cases "Pass" at one time?
Thank you!
I think there is a way as follows:
1) Click on the test cycle you are working on
2) Check the box for the tests for which you want to update the status
3) Click on the Tool button with the gear icon and select the Status option
image2015-7-22 15:25:21.png
4) From the pop-up select the status you want to update
image2015-7-22 15:26:36.png
I hope this was what you were looking for and it helps
Bullk change on "transition"? Though if this is related the Pass button on Zephyr... Then I think that's a no...
Thank you Darren. I am speaking about when a Test Case is created and put into a Test Cycle, the Test Case can be marked Pass, Fail, WIP, Blocked, etc... I need to find a way to update all the Test Cases at one time so I don't have to manually touch each one to update it. A lot of the other testing tools have this capability, I was sure hoping JIRA would too.
Problem you have is that it's an add on.. not really JIRA's fault if the development team at Zephyr didn't put the capability in. Though I did a migration few months back and I was able to import test cases and instructions on how to conduct the outcome etc etc via csv.. that might be an option. If upon import that pass/fail option is listed..
That would be great if you could pass that along.
The migration was related to zephyr.. just never tested the pass/fail as they were just templates I was importing...
Nice!
Thank you Himanshu Jain! This is great!
HI Brian
Thanks for your interest in our product Zephyr for Jira.By Initial description we were also under the same notion of your requirement that Himanshu and Darren had provided resolution too.
But now that you have mentioned that you wanted the Test Case status to be changed in bulk are you referring to the "Test Executions" section when you open a "Test Case" that you want the status to be changed in bulk?
Perhaps a screen shot depicting the requirement will help us to be on same page with you.You can also sign up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option"Submit a Case" to log a ticket with Zephyr and one of our engineers would immediately contact you.
Thanks
ZephyrSupport
Thank you..helps me a lot.
Hi! Please see the attached screenshot. This should solve your purpose:
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!
Hi,
The current bulk change of status support of only 50 at a time. Is there a configuration or option to change from 50 to 'n' number? we have 1000's of cases to update the results. updating 50 at a time is time consuming.
Thanks,
Suhas
I am sorry, i am not sure of that. If there is a limit that could be changed it would be controlled by Jira Admin.
Hey! If you're looking to bulk update the status of your test cases (since they’re essentially Jira issues), you can make use of the bulk issue update API:
https://yoursite.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/bulk/issues/fields
It allows you to update up to 50 issues at a time. You can gather your issue keys into an array and then loop through them in batches of 50, sending a request for each batch.
Here’s a quick outline of how it could work:
1. Prepare an array of your issue keys.2. Split the array into batches of 50.3. For each batch, use the bulk issue update API to update the status fields.
If you’re dealing with a lot of test cases and are also looking for ways to generate them automatically, you might want to check out Test Case Assistant for Jira. It helps you create and link test cases with just a click, which can save a lot of time when managing test cases!
You can find this app here
Let me know if you need more details on the API or anything else!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.