Hi,
I'm trying to build Docker images for Raspberry Pi 3-based computers running the 32-bit Debian OS (`armhf` architecture), this therefore requires that we use images that are built for the `linux/arm/v7` platform (in Docker parlance).
It's not commercially viable to visit each one and re-load the OS as much as I'd like to do so, we need to support the existing OS that is there.
I tried doing this and got met with an `exec format error`, which is the Linux kernel complaining that it did not understand the binary format.
I've reproduced this in a simple repository which I've published here for discussion (my workplace Bitbucket "work space" does not allow public repositories).
https://bitbucket.org/sjlongland/armv7-testing/src/master/
This repository pulls the base image we use in our builds, then tries to run `node --version` inside the container. It should print the version of NodeJS downloaded. A simple "hello world".
I have specified `arch: arm` in the pipeline configuration. This *should* schedule the work on an ARM worker node, and in my fuller example, I indeed see it pulling `arm64` packages, so I know I configured that part right.
However, when it gets to the point of executing ARMv7 code, it crashes out at that point.
How do I build ARMv7 images on Bitbucket Pipelines?
Regards,
Stuart Longland