Hi all - I am a project manager for a marketing and creative team. I manage all of the requests that come from product marketing, performance, engineering, etc. to make sure they follow a content/creative process flow that looks like this:
- draft copy
- draft creative
-stakeholder review
- creative review
- brand review
- internal legal review
- external legal review
- build/handoff
I work out of a team managed project so I'm stuck using Epic>Tasks>Subtasks. I have added multiple work types on the task level: Performance, Content, Creative, Campaign, Task, Eng
Depending on who requests work or the type of request, the work type (task level) changes.
Performance requests = Performance task type, Content review = Content task type, and what not.
MY ISSUE is that we are stuck assigning work through subtasks only and our naming convention can be super cluttered. For example:
We get a performance request called "February Motion Ads" which automates a Performance task type. I assign to who requested it so they have visibility. The actual work is tracked through the subtasks and follows the flow I shared earlier: Draft copy, draft creative, etc. and each subtask is assigned to the appropriate content/creative team member.
The automated naming convention looks like this:
-Draft copy_February Motion Ads
-Draft creative_February Motion Ads
-Performance Review_February Motion Ads
-Creative Review_February Motion Ads
ETC ETC
You can imagine that gets messy as H when requesters use a long summary in their initial request.
Im looking for advice. We've been using this system for a year now.. I copied it over from their previous process in Asana (I'm new to PMing, started a year ago. First time using this tool) but I feel like its messy and I'm just struggling keeping my creatives motivated to use this tool and I feel like if it looked better they'd want to use it.
Thx all. 