Although I can view and access this repository from the Bitbucket web UI, I am unable to clone it locally using HTTPS authentication.
From the Bitbucket website, I can:
Browse the repository
View and copy source files
Confirm that the repository exists and that I have access
I created an Atlassian API token and am using it as the password when prompted during an HTTPS clone, per Bitbucket’s documentation. The clone command provided by Bitbucket is:
When I run this command, I get the following result:
Cloning into 'horus_7_6'...
remote: You may not have access to this repository or it no longer exists in this workspace.
If you think this repository exists and you have access, make sure you are authenticated.
On the Atlassian API token management page, I can see that the token is being accessed at the time of the clone attempt:
Token name: API_token_vsc_fred
Created: Feb 3, 2026
Expires: Feb 2, 2027
Last accessed: 1 minute ago
This suggests the token itself is being used, but authentication is still failing.
I am unsure what additional steps are required. I have been using Git and Bitbucket for many years and have not previously encountered this level of difficulty accessing a repository that I can clearly view and browse via the web interface.
Any guidance on what may be misconfigured (permissions, workspace access, token scope, or repository settings) would be appreciated.