When executing a custom email listener listener the below error is displayed in the logs and the email is never sent. When I run the preview function, the email is generated correctly. I attempted to put logging statements in the templates but the import statements generated errors. Ho can I go about debugging this?
Versions
JIRA 6.4.14
ScriptRunner 4.1.3.24
Email Template
Your request <A href="$baseurl/browse/$issue">$issue</A> has been submitted successfully. The aligned ESM <%
String esmKeyString = issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("ESM's Name")); def (esmKey, value2) = esmKeyString.tokenize( '(' ) def esmName = componentManager.getUserUtil().getUserByKey(esmKey).getDisplayName()
out << esmName;
%> will be contacting you shortly.
Subject template
Issue $issue: A <%
String companyName = issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Company Name")); out << companyName;
%> request has been submitted successfully
Error
Time (on server): Fri Jan 27 2017 15:51:25 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.
2017-01-27 14:51:25,773 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: *************************************************************************************
2017-01-27 14:51:25,773 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent, script: com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method tokenize() on null object
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMail(SendCustomEmail.groovy:477)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMail$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMailWithConditionResult(SendCustomEmail.groovy:457)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMailWithConditionResult.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.doScript(SendCustomEmail.groovy:553)