I've got a logic conundrum regarding automations which should be simple to figure out but my brain isn't working for me this morning.
The problem is this.
- I like to use the separator 'card' which automatically appears when you create a card with three dashes - ie. ---
- But - I got sick of adding myself to 'normal' cards whenever I created them so setup an automated 'when I create a card add myself to it' rule
so far so good - but of course, whenever I created a "---" separator card I then had to create another rule to ignore adding myself to it - as it 'broke' the separator card function...
- "when a card with a name not containing "---" is created in the board by me, join the card"
Ok, so this works. But, the issues then continued with link cards, i.e. the link appeared in the list, and then I am assigned the card and the link card is then converted to a normal card and thus 'breaks' the link card - I'd need to go in to the card, unnassign myself and then reconnect the link so it appears as expected - So it's automating this that I'm struggling with getting my head around.
I've tried;
- "when a card with a name not containing "http" is created in the board by me, join the card"
as a separate rule - but it doesn't work, presumably as it clashes with the separator one, or becuase it's a link card and they work differently - I don't know.
What I really want is an 'and/or' logic operator (boolean?) in the automation rules so I can simply have one card that says
- "when a card with a name not containing "---" or "http" is created in the board by me, join the card"
Is that a thing?
Or is that another angle I can hit this from to achieve the desired result?
I should say, I'm a solo Trello user, so no team requirements, and the reason I like to assign cards to me is so that the appear in my /home section (ditto with checklist items) - (cards I don't need to see there I manually unnassign, (which is rare)) - Really the default setting for me is to always have cards assigned to me, but I don't think that's an option?
TIA