I have a pipeline building a docker container, then pushing it to gitlab. This part works fine for many months now. I tried to add another step to push the same container to a self-hosted registry. This fails with 401 unauthorized, even though I know the credentials I supplied work. In fact, those credentials are the same as for the gitlab registry (I know this is not ideal but it should work regardless).
My self-hosted registry is protected by basic authentication, executed by a Traefik proxy, before the connection is passed on to the registry container. While analyzing Traefik logs, I noticed that there's a difference between my test pushes (made from my mac) and the push attempts made by the pipeline. My pushes have my username listed in the logs (CLF format), and the pipeline pushes appear as if they're not using the auth at all (no username in log entry, just "-").
I can provide more details if it would help.
I appreciate any idea on how to tackle this - I am at a loss on how to proceed.
VKost