I would like to publish open source code on bitbucket. Is there a way to publish code that will be publicly available forever even if I personally go inactive? For example, I currently have this repository: https://bitbucket.org/bioresearch0/residualsconservative/src/main/But unfortunately I got this email saying it will be deleted if I am inactive, which I will be at some point in the future:
"
Hi @AFriendlyFish0
To ensure your workspace is not deleted, simply perform any action in the UI/GIT/API for a repository in that workspace to remove its inactive flag.
Even if the workspace was somehow made inactive after the January 15th 2026 deadline, you can login until May 15th 2026 to re-activate the workspace.
As for the long term - this is answered in our FAQ (see below). This is a one-time cleanup and there is no intention to make this regular, so you can confidently host these repositories for the long term:
Is this a one‑time cleanup, or will this keep happening? This is a one time initiative that is necessary prior to Bitbucket being able to fully migrate to Atlassian platform and benefit from security and compliance features that Atlassian platform has to offer today and in the future.
This is a one time initiative that is necessary prior to Bitbucket being able to fully migrate to Atlassian platform and benefit from security and compliance features that Atlassian platform has to offer today and in the future.
I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.