I am working in Jira Data Center. I had a user recently delete a bunch of issues from their project. I went and pulled the backup data and put it in a dev instance to recover the lost issues. However, when I export those lost issues from the backup and try to import them into the production environment, it seems like the issues get added, but then when I click on them they throw an error. The same error I would see when I search for an issue that was deleted. Couple questions:
1) Does Jira remember issues that were deleted?
2) If you try to put back an issue that was deleted, does Jira think it is still deleted?
In my import file, I have both Epic Link (for Story to Epic) and I have issue ID, Parent Link and Parent ID. Do all these values play into Jira thinking that the issue was deleted?
I noticed on my last import, I changed the key on all the issues and tried importing the issues into a new project with no data and the same key, and the issue still imported into the old project...wlmost like it knew from the issueID or parent ID that it was an issue from that project?
I am pretty lost on this. Any help would be awesome.