I'm currently working on a backend integration that creates Jira issues using the Jira REST API v2, specifically the /rest/api/2/issue and /rest/api/2/issue/bulk endpoints.
I'm able to successfully create issues and populate several custom fields without any problems (e.g., customfield_10201, customfield_10220, customfield_10500, etc.).
However, I'm facing an issue specifically with the custom field 10107, which in our instance corresponds to the Team field.
Problem Description
When I try to send the value for customfield_10107, Jira responds with an error indicating that the operation must be a string, or that the provided payload is invalid for this field.
The same structure works perfectly for other custom fields of type single select / option field.
What I've tried
What I need help with
How can I correctly populate customfield_10107 through the REST API?
Is this field part of some internal/Team-managed functionality that doesn't allow writing via REST API?
Is this field restricted by schema, permissions, or internal Jira Product Discovery / Advanced Roadmaps mappings?
Additional Context
I am creating issues from a backend service using Python (FastAPI).
All other custom fields work normally using the same logic.
Only customfield_10107 fails consistently.
This field is mapped to a "Team" field, used in our organization.
I suspect it may be a special type of field managed by Jira Align / Advanced Roadmaps / Teams management.
If anyone has experience with this specific field type, or knows whether Team fields can be set via REST API, I would really appreciate some guidance.
Thanks in advance!