My Bitbucket Pipelines are connecting from IP addresses that are not included in the official IP whitelist documentation, causing deployment failures to servers with IP-based firewall rules.
Details
I'm attempting to deploy to a cPanel server that requires SSH connections to come from whitelisted IP addresses. According to the official documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/
I should whitelist the provided IP ranges for Bitbucket Pipelines to work.
The Problem
Over multiple pipeline runs, I've observed the following IPs being used:
- 13.220.249.XXX (observed today)
- 98.81.68.XXX (observed yesterday - multiple runs)
Neither of these IPs are contained in any of the published ranges, including:
- 104.192.136.0/21
- 185.166.140.0/22
- 34.199.54.113/32
- 34.232.25.90/32
- 34.232.119.183/32
- 34.236.25.177/32
- (and all other ranges in the documentation)
How I Verified
I used this pipeline step to capture the outgoing IP:
yaml
<span>- step:</span><span> name: "Check Outgoing IP"</span><span> script:</span><span> - apt-get update && apt-get install -y curl</span><span> - echo "Pipeline IP:"</span><span> - curl -s ifconfig.me</span>
Questions
- Why are Bitbucket Pipelines using IPs not listed in the official documentation?
- Is the documentation outdated or incomplete?
- Are there additional IP ranges that should be whitelisted but aren't documented?
- How can I reliably whitelist Bitbucket Pipelines when the IPs used don't match the published ranges?