Hi,
Does anyone know how to configure a new ticket type as Epic ticket in Jira?
Hi Huang,
Have you installed JIRA Software (JIRA Core + JIRA Agile) in your server?If yes, you need go to project adminstration page, and add 'Epic' issue type to your workflow scheme. Then 'Epic' will present in 'Issue type' dropdown when you create a JIRA ticket.
Cheney Ma
Yes, they are installed. Actually we don't want to use original "Epic" type, but want to configure another ticket type as "Epic". Is there a way to do this?
可以的!
Below are steps to make it happen.
1. Go to JIRA Administration page.2. Click 'Issues' tab.3. Click 'Issue types' from left panel.4. Click 'Add Issue Type' button.5. Finish the issue type creation, specify the name as 'Epic'.6. Add the new created issue type to your project workflow scheme.
I think you've misunderstood the question. Adding a new issue type of "x" is not the problem.
I think the question is "if I add an issue type of X, how do I make JIRA Software make it handle like an Epic?" (i.e. appear on side panels, add up strories etc) Is that right?
There is no way to change the behavior for Epics to a different issue type. It's completely locked to the Epic issue type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.