How can I replace "Upload Global copy for reference" text instead of attachment text in the attachment filed which is a system field?
Hi Mohin,
I may not be understanding your question, but I think you're asking if you can replace the generic "attach file" text with the text "Upload Global copy for reference". This should be possible with custom CSS or JavaScript.
This is possible by default in Confluence, and there is a hacky workaround in JIRA:
JIRA: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/54624/customize-jira-with-my-own-css
Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Confluence+with+CSS
-Simon
Documentation
1
Upload CV
Upload Box
2
Reference 1
3
Reference 2
4
Competency Sheet
5
NDA
If you're talking about Confluence and the comment to @Simon Tower's question is what you really want...
Browse to Confluence Admin | Look & Feel | Custom HTML
Paste the following into At the end of the HEAD:
<style> AJS.toInit(function () { var $attachmentsForm = AJS.$('form#upload-attachments'); $attachmentsForm.find('#more-attachments-link').click(); // expose each of the 5 file upload inputs var $li = $attachmentsForm.find('li'); var inserts = ['Upload CV','Reference 1','Reference 2','Competency Sheet','NDA']; for (var i = 0; i < inserts.length; i++) { AJS.$($li[i]).prepend('<span style="display:inline-block; width:140px;">' + inserts[i] + '</span>'); } }); </style>
This will give you something similar to:
That trick is for Confluence. Jira doesn't have custom html.
You could try something similar in the "announcement banner", but I don't think the Jira "attachment" field will support it fully, and I don't think it's going to work unless you do some coding in the core of Jira or write a plugin to provide a work-around.
Hi David,
Thanks for your information.I Can't see this option "Custom HTML" from my admin panel.I am using Jira version 4.0.2.Could you please tell me how it's possible to add those?
Thanks
Mohin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.