Hi,
I've created a JQL query of tasks that are associated to specific EPICs. My query pulls back a list of all the subtasks that meet my criteria. As part of the results, I wanted to display the EPIC name that is associated to the subtasks in my query. JIRA allows me to add the new fields by adding the columns to be displayed - however the fields are not populated with the actual value of the EPIC Name. For every EPIC that is created, we provide a name to it and it will contain minimum of 4 / 5 subtasks. I've been advised that the EPIC Name field will only be populated in my queries when the field called, 'Issuetype' = EPIC - is this correct? I would have thought that the subtasks would inherit the properties of an EPIC e.g. EPIC Name? I've been advised that this is not the case and due to this field being a locked field then it can not be populated if the field in my query contains other values such as: Task, Issue etc.
Please can you advise if this is the way that JIRA is set up and it is not feasible to display the actual value of the EPIC name when querying the subtasks associated to it.
Many thanks
Vanessa