I have Data Center vanilla. I have a workflow where I am trying to create an automation that will set a custom field to 1 of 3 values based on which transition the user sends the issue through between two statuses.
I have a status "In Progress" and a status "In Review". There are 3 different transitions that go between these 2 statuses...let's call them "Monitor", "Release" and "Cancel". I have a custom field called "Reason for In Review" which has 3 values corresponding to the 3 transition names. I would like to set the custom field value to the value that matches the transition that the user uses to go from the first status to the next status. So, if a user selects "Monitor" transition, the custom field would set to monitor. I KNOW this is easily done with add-ons such as JMWE or Scriptrunner, but we are not that bougie here. I believe this can also be accomplished by cloud, but we are running DC. I also know that in automations, you can specify a specific transition ID if you are transitioning based on a field change or something like that, however, the automation that uses "Transition Issue" as the trigger, does NOT let you specify which transition ID...just a generic from this status to this status...completely ignorant to which transition. The smart values for doing a logic gate on the transition, does not seem to be working either.
Does any one have any ideas about how to accomplish this that does not include me begging my company for money for an add-on or upgrading to cloud.
THANKS!!!!!