Hi everyone,
I have two projects:
PPCI (main project)
PCA (secondary project)
There’s a rule in PPCI that automatically creates an issue in PCA and links them with a “relates to” relationship.
That part works perfectly — both issues are created and linked correctly.
Now I’m trying to build a second rule so that when the issue in PCA moves to “CONFIRMACION RECEPCION”, the linked issue in PPCI automatically transitions to “ENVIO EN CURSO”.
I tried two approaches:
Rule in PPCI:
Trigger: Linked issue (link type: relates)
Condition: {{destinationIssue.status.name}} = CONFIRMACION RECEPCION
Action: transition PPCI issue to ENVIO EN CURSO
→ This rule never fires (no audit log entry).
Rule in PCA:
Trigger: Issue transitioned to CONFIRMACION RECEPCION
Branch: For linked issues (type relates to)
Action: transition linked issue to ENVIO EN CURSO
→ Also not triggering or doing anything.
Both projects are company-managed, and the automation actor has transition permissions in both.
The link type “relates to” is valid, and manual transitions work fine.
Has anyone successfully made a cross-project automation that triggers when the linked issue in another project changes status?
Do I need to make it a global/multi-project rule, or is there a specific trigger I should use (“Linked issue transitioned”, “Related issue status changed”, etc.)?
Any help or working example would be really appreciated.