Is it possible to run Discovery offline (on an isolated network) and then later import the data into the Assets database on a separate network?
Hi Perry - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Since no one has answered, you should probably open a support ticket with Atlassian to get their feedback/guidance.
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Hi @Perry Pederson
Welcome to the community.
Yes, you can have assets discovery run on your network an import the information later. There is no need to import the data directly or automated.
See all related documentation on Assets discovery
Thanks Marc. Unfortunately, I just learned that the family of JIRA tools is a dead end because of decisions made by my organization because they don't want to do 'cloud' stuff for security reasons. Too bad, because Assets along with Discovery and NVD integration would have met 100% of my requirements. So, I'm back to nmap and spreadsheets.
To bad.
Your work could have been simplified.
Good luck with nmap and sheets again.
Note: I do find the security reasons always kind of a dead horse, most Cloud products provide better security then companies do themselves.
I would challenge them on what there reasons and security concerns are?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.