Is there a tool/add-on available for me to clone and Initiative and have all the Epics and their linked stories under it also clone? We are using Jira Data Center v. 10.3.10.
Hi @Kathy Dickason , thanks for your post.
I am pretty sure you can do this with ScriptRunner or BigPicture -
https://www.scriptrunnerhq.com/help/example-scripts/copy-issue-no-links-onPrem
^ This, being a script, can be modified to your scope
https://appfire.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DLP/pages/298192292/Clone+existing+scope.
^ This I have used (ever) just to replicate a project structure in another project.
I hope this helps you.
Best wishes
Hi Kathy,
You should also be able to to this with Deep Clone.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218652/deep-clone-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
My name is Paweł, and I’m part of the Customer Success team at Appfire. I’d highly encourage you to give Clone Plus for Jira a try, which you can find here:Clone Plus for Jira
We also have detailed documentation on how to clone an initiative and its child issues:Clone an Initiative and Its Issues
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our Support Portal:Appfire Support Portal
Cheers,Paweł MazurCustomer Success Team | Appfire
Hi @Kathy Dickason ! I can recommend our solution, Smart Templates for Jira. It works both with Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud.It enables you to save any work item hierarchy as a reusable template. Then, you can generate a complete hierarchy of identical work items from this template. The details of each work item in the structure will be preserved: task descriptions, assignees, custom fields, parent links, checklists, and more. Here's an example of such a template with a custom hierarchy, consisting of Strategic Priority -> Regional Area -> Country -> Epics -> Tasks -> Subtasks -> Checklists:
For more details, please refer to my article Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy Configuration Guide 2025.
Please let me know if you have any questions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.