I have this jira automation which triggered on sub-task when subtask status change to resolved. now based on this, I want to find and update other sub-task (with exact summary) from same parent.
Hello @[deleted]
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The rule you are showing appears to be built to do what you want.
WHEN- a Sub-task with summary="QA - Analysis & Test Scenarios C..." is transitioned to ResolvedLOOKUP ISSUES- find sibling sub-tasksBRANCH over each sibling sub-task found- IF the sub-task summary = "QA - Test Case Creation"- THEN edit the Description of that sub-task
Is the rule not generating the results you expect? What results do you expect? What result do you observe? What information is recorded in the Audit Log for the rule when it executes?
Thanks for the reply, @Trudy P Claspill
Yes, this rule not generating the results I'm expect. I want to edit the sibling sub-task once the triggered sub-task transitioned to resolved status.
It's updating triggered sub-task not the one which I want (sibling one).
audit log:
Thanks
I recommend that rather than using a Lookup Issue action followed by a branch you instead use a just Branch: Related Issues: JQL, with a JQL that will look for an exact phrase match in the Summary
It's working now.
Thanks, @Trudy P Claspill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.