I'm currently using a Rovo AI agent within a Jira Cloud automation rule to provide onboarding assistance for access requests.
Current implementation:
- Automation rule triggers the Rovo agent with ticket data
- In the automation rule, I use "And: Add comment to work item" action
- The comment content is set to {{agentResponse}}
Issue encountered: During testing, I've found that I cannot embed clickable links within the {{agentResponse}} when it's added as a comment. I've tried both formats:
- Markdown format:
[text](URL) - Jira format:
[text|URL]
However, the links appear as plain text instead of being rendered as clickable links in the ticket comments.
Questions:
- Is there a more efficient or recommended way for a Rovo agent to directly create comments on Jira tickets through automation rules?
- How can I make the Rovo agent response include properly formatted, clickable links in Jira comments?
- Are there specific formatting requirements for links in {{agentResponse}} variables?
Any guidance or documentation you can point me to would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Jordi