I almost cried when I saw this -
Really loving the changes to Fields
So now we have #number, %percentage and $currency (with various currencies as choices). It's a good start! However, the format is still US/UK based with comma separators in the numbers.
The reason this makes me happy is that the custom field type I wrote for Practical Jira Plugins, 2011 O'Reilly was exactly this, showing how to make a better number field type. Glad to see the idea made it to the Cloud!
Hi @Matt Doar _Adaptavist_ - thank you for the feedback. I have shared your post with the wider team who worked on this feature.
As a FYI, the formatting applied will be out of the box and it depends on the language set in the users Atlassian account as well as the currency format applied. If you select USD and your language is set to English (US), a comma will be used for the thousand separator and decimal for the decimal separator, but this will be reversed for those viewing USD in some European languages for example.
Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.