HI,
I would like to ask about possibilty to make my life easier. In my company we've got customer portal where users can request for AD groups which are imported to jira via LDAP synch. I wanna know if it's possible to give jira write access changes to AD to automatically add users to requested groups? Or is it any addon to which can do that?
Hi @KuPiSz
With Jira DC, this can be possible, but it's not recommended, as you will have an external product making changes to your AD.
I would consider this only if you have good arrangements and agreement with the IT department overseeing and managing you AD.
See the documentation in connecting AD in Jira, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-938847052.html
Granting Jira writing rights to make changes in AD is all about governance, transparency, and accountability. At Sustrack, we apply the same principles through our ESG services—helping organizations manage responsibilities effectively while ensuring sustainable growth
i @KuPiSz - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am going to mark Marc's answer as Accepted. Let us know if you still have questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.