I'm currently working on a rule in [your tool, e.g., Jira] that should trigger whenever the story points of any story change. The goal is to recalculate the sum of all story points for the parent epic and update the story points field of the parent epic accordingly.
I've written a rule that triggers without any errors, but unfortunately, the story points field of the epic is not getting updated as expected. Here are the steps I've taken:
- Created a rule that triggers on the change of story points in any story.
- Added an action to sum the story points of all stories under the parent epic.
- Set the calculated sum to update the story points field of the parent epic.
Despite these steps, the epic's story points field remains unchanged. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on what might be going wrong? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!