Hi Community.
I work in an organisation with many concurrent and interdependent jira development projects [Project-1:Project-n]. The projects often share the task to serve a distributed system. So if a defect is reported from the market, it is not necessarily obvious which project [Project-i] shall create a solution. actually, that may be a shared responsibility of several projects.
So when a defect is reported (for instance from the market or from a test department), it could be reported either to a common defect repository [Project-Defects] or to one of the development projects [Project-i]. Then someone could "Move" the issue to the project that should work on it. They may work on it or may move it somewhere else. Or it could be cloned to the project that should be working on it. And then possible cloned further.
How do I then keep tabs on everything reported from the market? Can for example I create a filter that shows all items that were once in the [Project-Defects], so I know what is the state of everything there. And how do I - looking from the outside - know that a solution is available. Without having to depend on people telling the reporter and the reporter reacting to that or reading through release notes and comparing with my excel sheet of things I once reported?
Is there a built-in option to track this? It must be a common challenge for larger development organisations...