I want to add a comment (always the same string) in a post function - and I want to add it in the same transition, as if it were entered in the "Comment" field in the transition screen, not firing a separate event. In particular, I want the comment to appear in the notification mail (the same notification mail as the rest of the update). Is this possible?
I can add a comment as a separate event, with, for example, JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions or ScriptRunner, but then the users would get a separate mail about the comment (or no mail about the comment at all), and I want the update and the comment to go together. I am thinking ScriptRunner might be able to do what I want, but I haven't found any examples.
(I tried to let the user add a comment in the transition instead, using a screen which doesn't contain any fields. That works nicely when doing the transition on one issue, but when bulk transitioning issues, I do not get to fill in the comment, since the screen doesn't contain any fields. Thus I'd really appreciate any pointers on how to add a comment to the current transition, or be told it's not possible.)