I recently noticed that trigger conditions are now active in our Jira cloud instance and tried to move some conditions, that originally were right after the trigger, inside the trigger action itself.
I noticed that most of them work as expected. Like work item changes and transitions. Now I might have encountered a bug or an edge case that I could not find on https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/what-are-automation-rules/#Conditions-added-to-a-trigger
If I want to check for a submitted or locked form in the "Work item created" trigger, it does not pass the condition. No matter which form I'm choosing. My guess is, that this is the wrong trigger for our case, but it seems strange that you can check for this condition inside the trigger, if it does not work that way.
To give a bit more detail on the workflow:
HR goes to our Service Desk homepage and chooses the "Employee Offboarding" request type. This request type only has a form attached to it, which in turn is connected to some request fields.
Upon entering all the details into the form, a work item is created by the Service Desk.
Here is where the automation should start.
- Trigger = Work item created
- Condition: Request Type = Employee Offboarding
- Condition: Forms attached - Specific forms attached to the work item (Employee Offboarding form) - Submitted or locked
- Start adding Asset information according to the Forms details
-----
As mentioned previously. Those conditions work without an issue if they are right after the trigger. As soon as they are a part of the trigger action, the automation does not continue.
Any input on what I'm doing wrong would be great. Because those rules "fail" silently. Meaning they execute with "No actions performed"