I recently published my ACP-620 simulation course on Udemy, and I’d like to share some tips that really helped me (and I hope will help you too).
When I took the ACP-620, I realized the exam is less about memorizing and more about understanding how Jira Cloud projects work in practice. So, here’s how I recommend preparing:
-
Get hands-on with Jira: Nothing beats practice. Create a dev instance and configure projects, boards, workflows, and permissions. The exam is scenario-based, so you’ll need practical knowledge, not just theory.
-
Study Atlassian’s official documentation: This is the foundation. Pay close attention to project roles, board settings, components, default assignees, and reporting. These concepts appear a lot.
-
Understand the terminology shift: Atlassian is moving from issues to work items, but permissions and settings still use issue (e.g., Create issue, Edit issue). Don’t let that confuse you during the exam.
-
Simulate the real exam: Practice under timed conditions. My course includes 2 full practice exams (140 questions) designed to mirror the real test, same format, timing, and difficulty. Reviewing explanations is just as important as answering the questions.
-
Focus on learning, not just passing: The goal isn’t only the certification, but also becoming a better Jira Project Administrator. Once you master the scenarios, the exam feels natural.
💡 My biggest tip: after your first simulation, review your weak spots, go back to practice in Jira, and then try again. You’ll notice the difference in confidence and clarity.
👉 If you want to take a look at my ACP-620 simulation course, you can find it here: https://www.udemy.com/course/acp-620-managing-jira-projects-for-cloud-exam-simulation/?referralCode=FF94F1894FAEA13A2BA3
Good luck on your journey!