Each of my Trello cards represents a job for a client. Each job needs a form filled out once it reaches a certain stage. We are using Google Forms, and I am using automation to add this form to a card's checklist.
I would like to pre-fill certain fields in my form based on the information within a card to avoid duplicated efforts/potential errors due to manual input. I know I can change the form URL to achieve this by finding the entry IDs for each field. E.g.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/FORM_ID/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.123456789=Answer1&entry.987654321=Answer2
"Answer1" and "Answer2" would be custom field values - let's say "Full Name" and "Email".
These values will be different for each card, so I would like to dynamically update the URL using Trello variables.
For example, my rule could be something like:
When a card is moved to list "Ready", add item "docs.google.com/forms/d/e/FORM_ID/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.123456789={{%Full Name}}&entry.987654321={{%Email}}" to checklist "Forms To Complete"So the output would look something like: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/FORM_ID/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.123456789=Bobby Bob&entry.987654321=Bob@bob.com
Obviously, email works great here as there are no spaces, but by using the full name field, it breaks the link due to the space.
If there was a way to find and replace the text so it transformed it to a url-friendly version (e.g. Bobby+Bob), that would be awesome, but I don't know if that's possible using Trello...or maybe some alternative solution? Ideally not using 3rd party tools, but could be open to it.
Thanks in advance!!