We have upgraded jira from 9.5.1 to 10.3.5 version, for 10.x version, password in dbconfig.xml is encrypted with {ATL_SECURED}. How to decrypt the password? Is there a way to decrypt the password
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver102/secured-secrets-by-default-1489471531.html
Hi @Bhargavi Vasa ,I've found the following page in the documentation that deals with the different encryption options: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/encrypting-database-password-975040997.htmlDepending on which way you chose, the approach can differ. In those sub-pages you also find a command on how to decrypt the database password.
I hope that helps!GreetingsPhilipp
I have tried decrypting the password but it says java not found . Any other way that we can decrypt or how we can update password in future in dbconfig.xml file?
Hi,
I understand. Java should be bundled with your Jira installation and found in your install directory under jre/bin if I'm not mistaken (unfortunately, I'm on vacation and don't have a pc with me).
So it should be enough if you just add the full path to the Java binary (Java.exe on Windows or just Java on a Unix system) in your command to run the decryptor.
For example:
/opt/atlassian-jira/jre/bin/java - cp (rest of the command from the KB article above)
I hope that helps you solve your problem.
Greetings
Philipp
Getting error
/hosting/java/latest/bin/java -cp "./*" com.atlassian.db.config.password.tools. CipherTool -c com.atlassian.db.config.password.ciphers.algorithm.AlgorithmCipher -m decrypt
Error: Could not find or load main class com.atlassian.db.config.password.tools.CipherTool
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.db.config.password.tools.CipherTool
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.