Hey, fellow workflow builders. 👋
I’ve got a quick question for the experienced Jira admins and workflow pros out there:
👉 How many validators do you usually add to a single transition?
And maybe even more interesting:
👉 What’s the maximum number you've ever used on one?
I’ve seen everything from clean and simple setups with just one validator to highly regulated processes with a dozen (yes, really). Sometimes it feels like we’re walking a fine line between good governance and overengineering 🙃
Now, the reason I’m asking:
With Forge rising, it looks like Forge-based (custom) validators might be limited to three per transition (at least for now). So I’m wondering if that's a dealbreaker for your use cases, or do most of your workflows fit comfortably within that limit?
I would love to hear your experience and examples, whether you’re keeping it minimal or going full control tower mode. ✈️
Let's compare notes!
P.S. If you’re more in the “automation-only” camp and don’t use workflows or validators much — I still want to hear from you! 💬
Let me know how you handle validation or control logic with automation rules instead. Always curious to see how others are solving the same problems from different angles. 🙌