Hi, today I received an email which told me to link my Bitbucket workspace to an Atlassian Organization. I just want to know if this is mandatory or optional.
Thanks in advance!
Tim
Hey @Wild River Games Admin
Welcome to the community!
This is mandatory. Please ensure you link them before September 2, 2025. Remember that linking a workspace and an Atlassian organization can't be undone.
Regards,Syahrul
-
Thanks for the quick reply! Will linking my Bitbucket Workspace to an Atlassian Organization result in additional costs compared to what we are paying now for our products?
Regard
I have same question, but what explanation of the answer.WHY is this mandatory? What functionality does this link bring?
Cheers
Hey everyone!
I think this community post can answer your questions; please review it at:
Calling on all workspace Admins - Connect your Bitbucket workspace to an Atlassian organization
Essentially, our primary goal is to enable administrators within your Atlassian organization to eventually manage Bitbucket Cloud users, permissions, and billing alongside your other Atlassian products, all directly within Atlassian Administration. Furthermore, this centralizes your organization's content to unlock enhanced benefits with Atlassian AI.
@Wild River Games Admin Linking your Bitbucket workspace with an organisation will not incurs any additional questions.
I hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.