Hi Community,
I recently attempted to upgrade my Bitbucket account from the Free plan to the Standard plan. While my payment method was accepted, the upgrade process failed each time — the page would load and then display an error, without any confirmation.
Despite the failures, my card was charged multiple times for the same amount. These charges appear to have been processed as recurring payments, even though the upgrade never completed, and my Bitbucket plan still shows as “Free.”
Key points:
The upgrade process failed repeatedly
Multiple charges were made on the same day
No upgrade confirmation was received
Bitbucket plan status remains unchanged
I have two questions:
How can I request a refund for the failed upgrade attempts?
Is this a known issue — possibly related to Indian debit cards or Atlassian's billing system?
I’ve already contacted Atlassian billing support but wanted to check here as well in case others have experienced the same issue.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.