I have the following email set up to send with automation.
And the email being sent via automation works. But it comes across without any of the smart values as evidenced below.
What am I missing?
Hello @Collista Lewingdon
Can you please provide screen images showing the entire Automation Rule?
Often the key to understanding why smart values are not generating the expected content requires seeing the entire automation rule so that the context of the smart value usage can be assessed.
Again, the only part of the rule not working are the smart values inside the email that goes out.
Hi @Collista Lewingdon
1. Try to add these smart values to the log action. What would be there?
2. What trigger do you see for this rule? Can you make a screenshot of all actions/conditions in the rule?
How do you know it is working if the email content doesn't include any identifying information about the pages?
Can you explain the purpose of this rule?
It appears that you are trying to look for pages that have not been updated for more than 2 days and then send an email with information identifying that page.
If I have understood that correctly, then your rule is not constructed properly.
Disclaimer: I have not worked with Automation Rules in Confluence, so what follows is what I have gleaned from the documentation.
A Schedule trigger in confluence does not get the pages against which the rule will run. You need to use some component after the schedule to select the pages that you want. And an Advanced Compare is applicable only once you already have the page selected.
I blieve what you need after your Scheduled trigger is a For Page branch, with the Send Email action nested under the branch.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/branches-in-confluence-automation/#Page-branch
@Trudy P Claspill the way I know its working even without the information in the email is that I get the email, its just blank.
What we are attempting to do is set up an audit email that is actually for every ten months, but in the rule we have it set up to 2 days for testing purposes.
I thought I would need to do the branch as well but could not get the branch to be constructed to view the published date and send the email based off of that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.