Hey guys, I'm running into an issue with comment formatting after upgrading to Jira Data Center 8.13.27.
When pasting in text from another source to a Jira comment:
- In 'Text' mode, leading spaces are visible after pasting in the text, but stripped out after adding the comment.
- In 'Visual' mode, leading spaces are immediately stripped out upon pasting in the text
This leads to a frustrating amount of time lost formatting comments. These are actual space characters, not tabs.
Is there any change we can make to reliably preserve leading spaces in comments? I've read that there are some issues with the WYSIWYG/TinyMCE RTE editor (which was enabled after the upgrade) that could be causing this, but I'd like to avoid disabling RTE for comments as our users seem to really like it. I'm also unsure if this issue is fixed in later versions of Jira Data Center. We plan to be up-to-date by the end of the year, so this could become a non-issue if the bug is resolved with a newer version.
Thank you!