Hello Support
I have recently used BFG to reduce the size of my aleassims/metrix repo. Can you please run server side garbage collection to reduce the size on Bitbucket?
Many thanks
Hey Tamás, good move using BFG that’s a great tool for cleaning up repo history!
Just a heads-up: Bitbucket Cloud runs automatic background garbage collection, but it’s not immediate and can take some time to kick in. If your repo is still showing a large size after 24–48 hours, I’d recommend opening a support ticket directly with Atlassian here:👉 https://support.atlassian.com/contact/
Mention that you’ve already run BFG and would like them to trigger server-side GC manually they’ll take care of it from their side.
Feel free to DM me if you need help
Hey @Tamás Részegh
Welcome to the community!
I have triggered GC on the affected repository. After it was completed, the size was reduced to 180++ MB
I hope this helps.
Regards,Syahrul
Thank you for the information.
Thank you very much for your help. It will be perfect.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.