I have a Project workflow as follows:
- BizDev ask me a cost for a Project, which In track in Confluence by creating a Project Page, with a Dashboard page that looks at page labels to allow me to see status.
- If Client says yes, Project is moved into 'Onboarding' and we fill out Scope and then change label to move into our active Projects list. Manually we then create a Jira Epcs with Tasks
What I would like to be able to do is:
- Automate creation of Jira Epic with Tasks from Confluence using a Smart Button or some other trigger
- Insert a Smart Button that changes page label, moves Project to a Done folder, and sends an email to show Project completion at the end.
For 1. I can see how to create an Epic from Confluence, but now how to do this from a template in Jira. Is this even possible?
For 2. Whilst I can see Templates to change page status, I cannot see if there is the possibility to take an existing template and add / amend to do more (as in Microsoft Power Automate). Is this possible?