I have now roughly 1 year experience administrating JIRA with no JIRA background before.
Some questions are:
- Do you let project leads become Admins so they can create their own workflows, fields, screens, etc?
- Should I create a process for project requests or new teams wanting to use JIRA?
- Should I be the only JIRA Global Admin (besides backup person)?
- Do I give admin rights to some plugins to others? Or do I need to become the expert on these plugins?
I am trying to figure out some best practices to maintain order and organization as a administrator.
I also want to fine tune my JIRA Admin skills/responsibilities and set the bar at my company. I found these books on Amazon, does anyone recommend any? I am planning on doing some sort of training as well either at Atlassian university or a 3rd party training provider. Training like: http://jirabootcamp.com/
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_6?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jira+administration&sprefix=JIRA+a%2Cstripbooks%2C243
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.