Hi everyone 👋
I'm running into an issue with the way asset object search works in the Jira Service Management Customer Portal when using a field based on Assets.
The problem is: search results are not ordered by relevance or exact match.
For example:
- I have an Assets custom field "Room" in the request form.
- Each room is an object in our Assets schema, and the object name follows a structured format such as:
- If I try to search for a room named "C3", the results will first show entries like "BC301", "BC3", and the actual "C3" result only appears much further down in the list - even though it's an exact match.
- Ideally, I'd like the search results to show exact matches first, then those that start with the input, then those that contain it.
I tried using quotation marks, but the portal search doesn’t seem to support exact matching via quotes. I also can't change the object names themselves, so that workaround is off the table for now. AQL filtering helps narrow down the list but doesn't change the sort order.
I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks! 🙏