Hi,
I generated a token for my user but cannot login with postman "BasicAuth" with email and this token as password: get 401
I found these artikles but cannot find a solution
Jira v9.4.17 on premise
Any ideas?
Hi, @Frank Leverenz
Welcome to Atlassian community.If you want to use Basic Auth, you need to use your username and password, not token.
For token you must use Bearer Token authorization
Hi @Evgenii
thank you for your quick response
Here is the atlassian documentation for "basic auth": Link
your_email@domain.com:your_user_api_token
This is, what I've done
I also tested username/password, but this didn't work
BearerToken ist NOT the same as an API-Token:
@Frank Leverenz This documentation is for Cloud. But you're using onprem solution. Token, which you made in Atlassian account absolutely isn't linked with your onprem DataCenter Jira and any user in it.
Ho @Evgenii
I generated the API-Token in my profile on our onprem solution, not in the atlassian cloud
So this won't work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.