I created a new automation rule that when certain conditions are met, it should set a custom date field to the current day, which I'm using {{now.jiraDate}}.
My automation is pretty involved, and I have debugged every step of the way to my satisfaction. The only part of it that is failing is this {{now.jiraDate}}
The automation is run hourly, and scans over all tickets that were updated in that last hour. It compares the last comment's date, and if it is today, then it updates a field "Last Comment Date" with now.jiraDate.
When I was debugging earlier today, I thought "ok, maybe it has something to do with the time zones, etc." however, if that were true, I would think that, since its run hourly, the issues updated hourly would be 3pm / 4pm / 5pm, however they're consistently June 10, 5 PM (yesterday, 5 PM).

I have another automation I'm switching away from to this newer one (in favor of less automation count) which triggers in real-time with the trigger "issue commented on". It's been updated to only log to the audit log, so i'm able to reconcile this manually for now, but would prefer not to
In the previous, real-time automation, I also used {{now.jiraDate}} to trigger the same custom field, so I'm unsure why its failing.
Any advice on how to get this to fill in with today's date? Am I doing something wrong?