I am setting up a new Jira data center with 2 nodes in a machine. Configured a blank Postgres DB on a different machine. While trying to access the app via http://localhost:8080 the setup wizard loads and when selecting "I'll setup myself" and clicking next shows a 403 page with the below message
HTTP Status 403 – Forbidden
Type Status Report
Description The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.
Upon digging the log file atlassian-jira-log, it shows the below
http-nio-8080-exec-6 ERROR 1alc3sq [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[/].[jsp.displayError_jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp.displayError_jsp] threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.atlassian.web.servlet.api.LocationUpdater.updateLocation(java.io.Writer)" because "locationUpdater" is null
at jsp.displayError_jsp._jspService(displayError_jsp.java:123)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:67)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:623)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:144)
... 95 filtered
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1190)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:63)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2025-06-11 02:51:40,258-0600 http-nio-8080-exec-6 ERROR 1alc3sq [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[display-error-servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet [display-error-servlet] threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.atlassian.web.servlet.api.LocationUpdater.updateLocation(java.io.Writer)" because "locationUpdater" is null
at jsp.displayError_jsp._jspService(displayError_jsp.java:123)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:67)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:623)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:144)
... 95 filtered
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1190)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:63)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I tried directly hitting the URL http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupDatabase!default.jspa and I am able to establish a test connection successfully.(I guess there is no hinderance between my appserver and the DB server) But, clicking Next button at this stage also throws me a 404 only.
Can someone help me tracking the issue ?