Hi everyone,
I'm trying to compare two arrays in Jira Automation and return only the matching values between them.
For example:
{{GraphQLNames}} = ["D&I eBusiness", "Jira Administrators"]
{{TeamMembershipNames}} = ["test", "Jira Administrators"]
Since smart values don't support functions like intersect(), I'm wondering:
Is there a way to return only the matched items using smart value logic?
Can this be done with Advanced Branching, contains(), and maybe match()?
Is it possible to create a new list or varia
ble that contains only the common elements?
Additional Context:
The two arrays come from different sources:
GraphQLNames is extracted from a GraphQL response listing the teams a user is a member of.
TeamMembershipNames comes from a Look-up Table that defines which teams are officially recognized/accepted for a specific automation.
Since users can belong to multiple teams — or even create their own — we need to ensure that only team names from the accepted list trigger the automation. So the goal is to check if there's any overlap between the user's teams and the approved team list.
Any suggestions or examples are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance 😊