I want to setup a Jira-server (Ubuntu 14.04.5) for testing purposes so I made a clone (using Vmware) of the live-server. Now I want to reset the database of the cloned server so I have a clean JIRA install.
How can I do that?
That would be hard, and i am actually looking into something similar. I want the whole JIRA structure with all our project, permissionschemas, workflows, custom fields, plugins and applicaion links, all issues, but simply remove all data allowing us to grant everyone jira-admin to play around on a sandbox, is this what you want to accomplish too? If so i am looking at the approach of running a script against the rest API that simply removes comments, descriptions and summaries, but leaves links, subtasks and everything structural but havnt gotten too far yet. We run JIRA 7.1.9
A simple clean way of "resetting" a JIRA is to re-import the startupdatabase.xml file that it creates in the import directory on start-up.
It is a hard reset though, you won't get to keep anything at all. Projects, users, schemes - all gone.
Nic, I like your solutions since a hard reset is no problem.
I found the file /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/startupdatabase.xml but how do I 're-import' it?
Ah, sorry, yes.
Login as an admin and go to Admin -> Backup and Restore and select the "restore" option. It should ask you for the file to import and warn you that you're about to delete everything
I tried a restore but even when I enter the correct JIRA license key, it keeps saying 'Invalid JIRA license key specified.' I will have to contact JIRA support for this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.