Funny that 'upgrade check' in Confluence says this about com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin
These add-ons have not been registered with the Atlassian Marketplace, so their compatibility with Confluence 5.1.5 is unknown. We recommend performing your own testing before you proceed.
Hi Sergey,
The self-update plugin is designed to uninstall itself immediately after updating the UPM. As a result, you should never really see it in your installed plugins list, and there's no reason for us to register it on Marketplace.
Somehow, the process must have been interrupted and the uninstall didn't happen. You can go ahead and safely uninstall the self-update plugin.
Once in awhile, human error comes into play. I have seen this type of error for Atlassian products all the time.
Here is an example of one that I reported.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/188850/why-is-remotable-plugins-i18n-plugin-showing-up-as-an-user-installed-add-ons
John, I am sorry you felt hurt by the truth(voting down my answer), but bugs do exist. Why would HipChat exist in my user installed list, since I never downloaded HipChat even to experiment with. By your definition, the UPM should not show up either, but it does.
Personally, I do believe UPM should show up in the User-installed list since I can install it from the marketplace and I can uninstall it without huring normal operations.
The only reason why Sergey got his error is because of an UPM plugin configuration error or the UPM was not updated yet to reflect the new configuration. In either case, human failures.
Oh, BTW I am running Jira 6.1.7.
No worries Norman-- I only downvoted your answer because I wanted to surface my more specific reply. Sergey is referring specifically to the presence of the UPM's self-update plugin, which is a transient plugin that is supposed to uninstall itself immediately, and in his case did not.
I agree that UPM is a bit wonky on occasion when it tries to distinguish user-installed vs. system plugins.
Okay, the self-update is part of the UPM and it was broken around the UPM 2.7.X releases. Sergey should check that he has an UPM installed. Looking back at my notes, I needed to manually install the UPM after removing the self-update plugin to get things back to normal.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.