Why is" Remotable Plugins I18n plugin" showing up as an User-installed Add-ons?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

After installing Jira 6.0.3 and upgrading to Jira 6.0.4 I have noticed that the Remotable Plugin i18n plugin is showing up as an user-install plugin. This plugin was not explicitly requested and does not seem to exist in the marketplace.

Is anyone else seeing this plugin pop up as well? I am assuming it deals with language packs. Why is it showing up now? I also want to make sure it is not some trojan plugin since there are no modules associcated with it.

This plugin is showing up as unknown when doing the Jira update check, so I had some concerns when doing the upgrade.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hi Norman,

The i18n remotable add-on is a bundled add-on in both JIRA and Confluence. In newest version of JIRA, this is showing up under user-install add-ons, but in Confluence it shows under system add-ons. It's definitely not a trojan or malicious in any way as it comes default with our products.

Hope this helps!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

Hopefully, this plugin will be later be marked as a system plugin.

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

Hi Norman,

I' created an improvement request for this. It's most likely an easy fix and was probably an oversight on the classification of this add-on's metadata.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33882

Cheers

Like Viktoriia Hryhorchuk likes this
Angelo Hakey January 23, 2014

What does this plug-in do exactly?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

I believe it was used to load language packs to internationalize Jira. It stopped existing around 6.1.1 or so.

Suggest an answer