How do I get a copy of the snippets that I suddenly lost access to?
Hi @mohsinoffline
Unfortunately, those snippets are no longer exportable on the free plan, as the deadline to export them has passed (May 29th).
An email was sent in January, and a blog post was shared the same month, warning of the upcoming changes to Free-tier limits which included snippets:
Upgrading your plan will allow you to export those snippets/use the snippet feature.
Please let me know if there is further clarification that we can provide.
Regards,
Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
@Ben If we upgrade to a paid plan, will be able to regain access to the snippets we lost?
That's a shame. As @Sean asked, is it possible to retrieve them if we upgrade?
Hi @Sean @mohsinoffline
Yes, you will be able to retrieve those snippets if you upgrade your plan. I've updated my wording in my previous response to make this clearer, apologies for any confusion.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
It would be understandable to block the feature so that users on the free plan cannot create new snippets, but it is unacceptable to remove access to old snippets and force users to pay to access their own information. Emails may not be read in times when you cannot trust an email warning you that you could lose access to something if you do not take this or that action, as in most cases it is a scam. With this behaviour, you have definitely lost me.
I checked my email history, and I never received a notification. Not at all happy about losing my snippets, so the chances I'll upgrade now are pretty much nil.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.